When Kristina Rinaldi, executive director of Detroit Dog Rescue (DDR), went to collect 6 puppies from the animal control, she was shocked. The neglected puppies were found in an abandoned house in Detroit, Michigan. They were pink and hairless, with painfull sores all over their body. On top of that, they had fever and it seemed like they were burning. “When I say that these puppies were literally on fire, they were on fire,” Rinaldi told The Dodo. “They had high temperatures.”
The reason why the doggies lost their fur was a skin disease called mange. “I’ve seen a lot of mange cases in my dog rescue career, but this was the worst mange I had ever seen,” Rinaldi said.
Rinaldi rushed the puppies to a vet but unfortunately, 2 of them didn’t make it and died while on their way to the clinic. As for the other four… “The veterinarian said, ‘We’re working against the impossible,’” Rinaldi said.
They stayed at the care facility for about 12 weeks getting the right treatment. Meanwhile, staff members dressed them in baby onesies to help their skin heal. Soon they were ready to be adopted into loving forever homes.
Credits : Bored Panda